Tuesday, July 2, 2013

anniversary

happy 50th anniversary Bob and Sandy Roeger and happy 75th birthday to Sandy--great friends and I wish them the best.

This is the photo that ran in the Beacon Journal with their announcement.

I got to know them through, of all things, a heart rehab class at City Hospital.

I had had a quad bypass, while Sandy had a double bypass after suffering a heart attack.

She was in my rehab class and we would chat now and then when neighbors on the machines.

She said she and husband Bob walked at Chapel Hill mall, so I decided to join them.

That's when I met Bob about 11 years ago.

And we have become very good friends.

When I don't show up for walking for a while, I'll get a call from Bob to make sure I'm OK.

Bob is going under the knife for a knew replacement, so I dug into my collection of movies and came up with a bunch to keep him entertained while he's on the "limping" list.

And  we hope he'll join me for that walk at the mall once day soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment